When the Google algorithm changes, marketers often end up feeling concerned and confused. While every single modification done to the algorithm is meant to help make search results better, since we do not exactly know how these modifications are made, we rely on SEO tools to help us keep optimizing and maintaining site health.
Fortunately for marketers, there are numerous tools that can be utilized these days, regardless of what search strategy you use. However, it is important to highlight that most of the SEO tools that you use to monitor the health of your site also perform many other actions. That is why you might not know about these.
Website Grader by HubSpot
This free SEO tool has the purpose of performing an SEO audit and highlighting website performance. Website Grader was released in 2007, with a huge update in 2020, and makes it very easy for business owners to figure out what SEO opportunities exist.
You can use Website Grader in order to generate a personalized report, including very important metrics, like:
- Performance – This will analyze page size, speed, requests, and various other vital SEO metrics.
- SEO – This determines if the site is very easy to find by search engines and humans. Factors like meta descriptions, descriptive link text, content plugins, and page index are analyzed.
- Mobile Readiness – This is a tool that will check if the site is ready to serve the mobile users.
- Security – This tool will check the security of the site, including for users.
In order to use this tool, you just have to visit the tool’s address and enter your email and your URL. The score is presented as a grade from 1 to 100 and only takes seconds. After the report is received, actionable insights are presented about how website performance and health can be improved to increase traffic.
Google’s Webmaster Tools
Another wonderful free tool that gives you access to a wealth of important information about site health. This is very important because of the fact that it comes straight from Google. Also, there are many tools that are offered and that you can take advantage of.
As an example, Fetch As Google is a tool lets the user see an URL exact as Google indexes it. This is very important when you want to troubleshoot as your site is faced with poor SEO performance. With the use of this information, you can modify questions and get much better results.
Ahrefs is a tool that is highly limited when it comes to the free option. You will need to use the paid version to get the best possible results. Ahrefs allows you to examine your site to drastically improve content. The main tools that you would often use are:
- Site Explorer – This highlights performance for specific webpages.
- Keywords Explorer – This generates estimated monthly search volume, together with click-through rates.
- Content Explorer – This makes it easy to look for the best performing webpages on your site.
- Site Audit – This crawls verticals within the domain and easily reveals various technical issues.
This website will give you many other tools that you can use, and it is easy to see why everyone considers that it is worth the money.
This is a very interesting Chrome extension that will make it very easy for users to perform competitive analysis, track rankings, and perform keyword research. At first glance, it is not a tool to check site health, but it can give you very important information when it comes to analyzing the performance of your competition. You can see backlinks, ads, keywords, and growth channels.
Last but not least, Woorank gives you access to a very in-depth analysis of your website. This tool helps marketers to figure out what opportunities exist for improvement and optimization. After the analysis is done, you get to see exactly what you need to do in the future. This includes SEO initiatives, usability, social media, and much more.