When it comes to digital marketing, online strategies, or social media, we always think of big companies, the bigger, the better. High budgets, massive campaigns that go viral quickly, or actions on social networks with incredible success.
But what about SMEs and local businesses? Digital Marketing plays a vital role in local businesses, as well.
Here we are going to learn digital marketing basics for local businesses:
Optimization Of “Google My Business”
It is a platform created by this technological leader for enterprises to attract enough local customers and generally have adequate exposure in the digital space. It is an excellent option to be located quickly through Google Maps, so it must be optimized to stand out from the competition:
- It is necessary to add personalized service hours, contact telephone numbers, email, and service days.
- Carry out a constant update of data, informing clients if there will be any changes during the next holidays, for example.
- Incorporate attractive and real photos of products and services to visually win over prospects.
- Besides, “Google My Business” allows you to monitor data to know the level of interactions and other statistics.
Create Content Of Particular Interest
When looking to position in local marketing, the company must create segments of information related to everything that the public in that specific region is passionate about and likes. For example:
- Typical meals.
- The local public requires automotive services.
- Tourist attractions: What elements, places, destinations, and scenarios of the city attract other visitors and local audiences throughout the year?
- Issues related to the trade of the corresponding city or region.
In general, and in accordance with the particular niche of the company, the content should address these and other issues with SEO optimized for the local market. Also, this information’s constant production will keep them interested and help to gradually gain their trust.
Create Landing Pages For Each Branch
If the company has different components locally, it is advisable to create a landing page for each of them. In this way, each client will receive a much closer and personalized attention when accessing them.
On the other hand, each page must specify the contact information, discounts, and promotions applicable only in that branch and everything that helps the prospect complete his purchase process.
Other clients’ opinions are essential for positioning in local marketing and can be used in different ways:
- The Facebook page for each branch should include a review section, and customers should be invited to write their own.
- The company blog should consist of this section, which will not only allow local users to express their opinion but will also be necessary for SEO purposes.
- It is advisable to take advantage of this resource to generate attention locally, rewarding the 5 users who make more detailed reviews, for example.
Have A Local Application For Mobile Systems
Customers, especially millennials, will enjoy using an app designed exclusively for regional clientele that provides them with information and benefits, such as reserving a service online in seconds or special discounts for the beginning or end of the season. Besides, this contributes to the brand’s modernization, generating greater confidence in the young public.
Use Of Microdata
The Schema MarkUp application helps search engines better interpret content and make it rank higher in search results. This small-scale data is essential to attract all types of public attention, thanks to a series of HTML codes. Among other elements that provide greater context or relevance are:
- Company logos.
- Videos from pages like YouTube.
- Links to the website: how and when to apply the Schema MarkUp
- General company information.
Therefore, it is necessary to know how and when to apply Schema MarkUp to achieve local marketing goals.
Monitor The Results
Finally, monitoring the evolution of the ranking of pages and results at the local level is important to make changes in the strategy or opt to apply other techniques, even combining several of them.
While it is true that the internet has provided large companies with tools to get closer and know their customers, local businesses have that as standard. For something, they are local, neighborhood, close, with direct customer service, with knowledge of their tastes, preferences, etc.
Deep down, and without knowing it, small businesses may be in turnover and breadth, but large in spirit and knowledge of their public. They are small big businesses. Positioning the company in local marketing following each of these basics will help extend its reach to the regional audience and strengthen its prestige, generating trust and attention among all audiences.