An email’s spam score can be determined by various checks that are performed on email documents and extra DNS-based checks. In most cases, the rules are based on some regular expressions. These expressions are matched with the header and the body fields. Then, numerous words, like Casino and Viagra, are recognized. At the same time, the from address is verified to see if it actually exists.
In order to have the very best possible delivery result, your email’s spam score needs to be lowered as much as it is possible. The benchmark is to get a spam score that is lower than 1, which is not as difficult to accomplish than what many believe. The only situation in which this is impossible is when you send emails related to some specific controversial topics, like gambling.
Keep in mind that when the spam score goes over 3, the email should not be sent. When the spam score goes over five, the message is often stopped by the provider, and it is not even sold.
How To Lower Email Spam Score
If you want to have a very low spam score, before you send or even write your email, consider the following important tips:
Creating a text version is a very good idea when you want to keep spam score low. Every single email needs a good text version, with textual content being practically the same as the one in the HTML version.
Avoid Spam Sensitive Phrases And Words
It is really important to avoid the sensitive words, like Xanax, soma, or Cialis. Also, you need to avoid chemical names, words like fast delivery, or pharmacy. Basically, avoid all the words that are frequently utilized by spammers. Never disguise your words or try to cheat the system with the use of forbidden words or misspellings.
Do Not List The URL
Normal text should be used to add a hyperlink, not just a pasted naked URL. Many email clients see this as being an attempt to perform phishing. Such links are practically blocked as most clients see a discrepancy that is misleading for subscribers. This is always the case if the “A Href” URL is different than the text of URL linked. Even something as simple as the “/” at the end can lead to huge problems.
Use A Correct From Address
Create an email address that is proper. Some suggestions for that include:
- Never send emails from the email addresses that have names including digits. For instance, something like “firstname.lastname@example.org” is not a good idea.
- The form address for your email should not start with digits.
- The email from address needs to always be listed. Whenever possible, free addresses have to be avoided. This includes Gmail, Yahoo, Chello, Hotmail, and all the other ones.
- Never capitalize the subject line or the from email address. Capitalization should even be avoided inside the message body, whenever possible.
Create A Good Subject Line
Some important practices to remember:
- Always avoid the use of dollar amounts inside subject lines.
- Never make false promises in order to appeal to the feelings of the subscribers.
- Never talk about weight loss or losing money in the subject line.
Avoid Common Errors
Try to use shorter image names. For instance, instead of using “dog.jpg”, use “1.jpg”. The email should also not include large images while including a suitable, normal image to text ratio.
Last but not least, you want to remove all the HTML that is not needed. HTML code has to be kept clean.