Given the fact that WordPress stands out as the most popular CMS used today, it should be no surprise to see dozens of different plugins that were released with the purpose of making SEO tasks easy. In many cases, site owners choose such site additions based on personal preference, but we cannot deny the fact that some are simply a lot better.
WordPress plugins for SEO can have countless features or can be limited. Obviously, the best ones should help you as much as possible. All of the great ones presented below are great choices as they are the very best ones.
Whenever talking about the very best WordPress plugin for SEO, Yoast SEO is mentioned. This plugin actually has over 16,500 5-star ratings and keeps wowing the entire developer world with a clean, beautiful interface, numerous user-friendly options, and great updates.
Yoast SEO also has some very good premium support options, an active forum with a great community, and a blog that is very informative so that you can learn more about search engine optimization.
Main Yoast SEO features:
- Write keywords and perform an instant analysis that shows you how good the content is for potential rankings.
- A quick preview of the search engine result for your page. This allows you to properly adjust meta title and meta description.
- A very useful readability check that helps you to make your content better for users.
- Detecting duplicate content on your site.
- Very good support offered by the plugin developer.
- The plugin is updated every 2 weeks.
- With the premium option, you get free support, ad-free interface, and a very good redirect manager.
The SEO Framework
If you want to use a lightweight, fast SEO plugin, The SEO Framework is a great choice. It removes many advanced features that are not needed for most users and allows the author to focus on increasing site speed and optimizing content in a proper way.
Most professionals see this plugin as the best alternative one can use for Yoast SEO. You only have to go through a few tabs in order to control SEO settings, and they are colored to show you the progress you make. This allows you to easily be aware of where some extra work has to be done.
Extensions can be included to offer advanced functionality, like article enhancement, AMP integration, Local SEO, redirects, Incognito mode, SEO monitoring, and uptime monitoring.
The freemium plugin SEOPress is basically all-in-one. There are no ads, and there are no footprints added to the free version. You can use a plugin that is powerful, fast, and simple. Use it to manage meta descriptions, titles, and create the XML sitemaps needed for Google Search Console.
In the free version, you receive access to content analysis in order to write posts that are better optimized. 75 hooks can be utilized by the developer, and the premium version will extend functionality with the use of advanced features, including:
- Local business SEO
- Breadcrumbs optimization
- Google Structured Data
- Integration of Google Page Speed
- 404 monitoring
- Google Analytics presented right inside the dashboard
When referring to SEO tools, Rank Math SEO is considered to be a true swiss army knife. This is because it includes everything needed to fully control on-page SEO. Many plugins are actually combined to offer you one central location to use them all. It is also very easy to control noarchive, nofollow, and noindex tags for taxonomies.
Rank Math is preferred by some users because:
- It includes all that you need from an SEO point of view.
- You can see a very clean user interface.
- 40 factors are used to analyze the content on every single page.
- XML Sitemap feature included.
- Options are presented to automatically add title or alt tags for the images that miss them.
- Rich Snippets are supported.
- Twitter Card support and Open Graph support.
This is a WordPress plugin that was designed for those that do not know much about SEO. SEO Squirrly offers all that you really need without having to deal with complicated elements. SEO recommendations are recommended in a different way than the options presented above. You just start typing the topic and the keyword you want to optimize from. Then, as you keep writing, green lights are activated, but only when a specific factor is considered to be done right.
You may want to use SEO Squirrly because:
- Keyword optimization ends up done as the article is written. It is definitely easier to use than Yoast SEO.
- When you want to replace an SEO plugin and use SEO Squirrly, all former settings are maintained.
- Competition analysis is included.
- Content reports are offered.
- Progress monitoring is sent in to you every week.
Consider any of the great WordPress plugins above when you want to improve the SEO optimization of your posts. You cannot really go wrong with any of them, but it is a certainty that Yoast SEO is the very best one.